Hi, I’m Elysa Jacobs. I help individuals with all aspects of their estate planning and work with families to navigate various life events.
I focus my practice on estate and incapacity planning, as well as the administration of both trusts and estates, often with an international or inter-provincial component.
- Powers of Attorney
- Representation Agreements
- Estate Administration
My goal is to provide clear, rounded and innovative legal solutions. This is often achieved by not only working collaboratively with my clients, but also their professional advisors.
I am a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), which is a global organization for professionals specializing in trust and estate matters and am dual-qualified in both British Columbia (called in 2021) and England & Wales (admitted in 2014). Born and raised in Vancouver, I obtained my undergraduate degree in History from the University of Victoria, before attending law school at the University of Leicester in the United Kingdom. I subsequently trained and worked in England, predominantly in London, until I returned home in Summer 2021. After moving back, I worked at a mid-sized, regional firm in downtown Vancouver before joining Bell Alliance.
Outside of work I enjoy rediscovering BC with my family, which includes my two, young daughters who keep me very busy!
I have helped clients with:
- Creating personalized estate plans for individuals, often containing trust elements, including the preparation of Wills, Alter Ego Trusts and Joint Partner Trusts.
- Assisting with all aspects of incapacity planning, including the preparation of Powers of Attorney and advising attorneys in respect of their duties and powers.
- Advising individuals on the preparation of Representation Agreements, Living Wills and Advance Directives.
- Assisting executors and administrators (both individuals and trust companies) with applications for probate, resealing grants of representation and the estate administration process.