Hi, I’m Ryan Griffin. I assist individuals and small companies with navigating a wide range of real estate and business transactions, as well as with corporate structuring.
I strive to minimize the complexity of the law in each matter for my clients so they can approach any decision with confidence and ease. While my attention to detail provides assurance to my clients, I am also mindful of budgets and always conscious of the big picture. I approach simple tasks and challenging situations with the same philosophy: ‘work hard and be kind’.
I grew up in the Alberta foothills and have never strayed too far from the mountains. I attended the University of Calgary’s Haskayne School of Business where I obtained my bachelor of commerce specializing in finance, and later Thompson Rivers University where I obtained my law degree. I articled in a boutique litigation firm in Calgary before joining Bell Alliance in 2017. I spend my time outside of work skiing, playing hockey, mountain biking, and running.
I have helped clients with:
- Buying and selling residential and commercial real estate;
- Drafting and reviewing co-ownership agreements for joint ownership of residential real estate;
- Stratifying and/or developing small multi-family dwellings;
- Incorporating and restructuring corporations;
- Drafting and reviewing various contracts such as commercial leases, shareholder agreements, loan agreements, independent contractor agreements and partnership agreements;
- Drafting and reviewing various registrable documents such as easements, options to purchase, covenants and strata documents; and
- Buying and selling businesses through asset or share purchases and sales.