Most of Dick’s clients are individuals and corporations that operate small to medium sized businesses owned by individuals and families. Dick’s philosophy in life and in the practice of law is to follow the Golden Rule – treat others as you would want to be treated. Having followed this philosophy for so many years, Dick is happy to count a large number of his clients as friends.
Dick handles a wide variety of files and can assist clients with:
- Residential and commercial real estate transactions
- Residential and commercial financing transactions for institutional lenders as well as for private lenders and borrowers
- Drafting commercial contracts such as leases, Shareholder Agreements, Share Purchase Agreements, Asset Purchase Agreements and Partnership Agreements
- Business purchase and sale transactions
- Incorporations of private companies including professional corporations
- Corporate transactions and reorganizations
- Estate planning, including preparing Wills, Powers of Attorneys and Representation Agreements
- Applications for probate of Wills and estates
Dick was born and raised on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia before his parents moved his family to Vancouver in 1972. After graduating from David Thompson Secondary School, Dick obtained his Bachelor of Commerce and law degrees at UBC. He was called to the bar in 1983 and has practiced law his entire career in Vancouver. Before joining Bell Alliance LLP as Associate Counsel in early 2021, Dick operated his own law practice for over 30 years.
In his spare time, Dick enjoys golfing, reading and spending time with family and friends. Since COVID 19 started, Dick and his wife, Anita, have watched many Korean dramas on Netflix. Although Dick does not understand the Korean language, his musical preferences have recently shifted from 1970’s pop music to Korean pop music.
Dick is supported at home by his wonderful wife, Anita, and is the proud father of two adult children, Natasha and Christopher.