Neil practices business, real estate and strata property law. He works with small and medium sized businesses to structure their operations and frequently advises on day-to-day legal issues as outsourced general counsel. Neil also assists strata corporations with a variety of regulatory and governance matters.
- Business structuring, incorporation, joint ventures and partnerships
- Commercial lease drafting and review
- Asset rollovers and other tax driven transactions
- Sale and purchases of businesses and business assets
- Technology and media licensing, publishing and distribution
- Protecting new and existing online businesses and properties
- Real estate development structuring and disclosure statements
- Strata corporation governance
- Supplier contract negotiation and review
- Reviewing, drafting and enforcing bylaws
- Resolutions and general meetings
Neil is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Law Society of Ontario. He assists clients in both provinces and frequently travels between Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa.
Neil is a graduate of the Beedie School of Business (SFU) and the Allard School of Law (UBC). He has taught Land Law at the Sauder School of Business (UBC) and is a former co-author of the Annotated British Columbia Society Act. Neil is a fan of dog parks, technology, good wine and great Italian food.
Note: Legal services for clients based in Ontario are generally provided through the Ottawa and Toronto based law firm Momentum Business Law Professional Corporation.