Why retain a lawyer to prepare your Wills?
Dealing with Wills and estate planning requires thorough knowledge of the laws and taxes of your province. It also requires a deep understanding of the process of dealing with an estate when a person has passed.
Here are a few factors to consider when deciding to retain a lawyer for the preparation of your estate planning documents
- will make sure your Will follows the laws of your province
- can prepare Trusts for your children or disabled beneficiaries so that they are taken care of after your death
- will advise on how to reduce taxes and other costs your loved ones may face after your death
- will make sure your estate can be quickly settled
- can advise on whom to choose for your representatives (such as the Guardian of your children)
- can advise you on how to distribute your estate and why
If you want your loved ones to be taken care of and have less of an overwhelming experience when dealing with your estate after you’re gone, you should consider talking to a professional when it comes to preparing your Wills. Call our office to speak to one of our Wills & Estates lawyers 604.873.8723