Hi, I’m Jaden Lau. I can help with your real estate and business law transactions.
I provide legal solutions to clients while ensuring that they understand the process and are kept updated with each major step along the way. My goal is for my clients to conclude each matter feeling like they have been heard and felt taken care of. I aim to provide my clients with detail-oriented legal representation, while working closely with them to understand their needs and develop long-term solutions.
I am British Columbia born and raised, and attended the University of British Columbia for my undergraduate degree. I obtained my law degree at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at UBC where I was awarded the Alf M. Edwardson prize for real estate transactions, and was awarded 2nd place in a negotiation competition held by a large international law firm. I worked at a mid-sized downtown Vancouver law firm before joining Bell Alliance.
Outside of work, I enjoy trying new food, exploring cult classic and modern cinema, keeping up with the latest trends in the electronic entertainment industry, and taking photos of my adventures with friends and family.
I have helped clients with:
- Drafting and reviewing contracts such as business contracts, licensing agreements, commercial leases, shareholder agreements, loan agreements, and joint venture agreements;
- Buying and selling residential real estate;
- Preparing and reviewing various registrable documents such as easements and restrictive covenants;
- Incorporating and restructuring corporations;
- Facilitating internal affairs for corporations such as preparing dividend distribution documents;
- Buying and selling businesses through share or asset purchases and sales; and
- Assisting with private lending for both borrowers and lenders.