Hi, I’m Sterling Hein. I can help your business with its contracts and corporate structure.
I offer a number of skillsets to my clients. My work is thorough and efficient, mindful of your budgets. I work collaboratively with my clients and their professional advisors to achieve a result that is legally sound, flexible for future planning, and pragmatic. Finally, when faced with challenging circumstances, I always maintain a friendly and non-confrontational attitude towards my clients and any other people involved to ensure transactions complete as smoothly as possible.
An Albertan by birth, I’ve found my way to the sands and forests of the West Coast where I attended UBC for my undergraduate degree. I earned my law degree at Bond University on the Gold Coast of Australia. I am called to the British Columbia and Alberta Bars and joined Bell Alliance in 2011. I play golf, hockey, and guitar, and enjoy making pasta from scratch and building fine furniture through woodworking.
I have helped clients with:
- Setting up their new business—from home-based business, health professional (medical corporation, dental corporation, naturopathic doctor corporation etc…), tech entrepreneur, construction trade, Realtor, accountant, or other person needing help with navigating the start or continuation of their business
- Incorporating, amalgamating, dissolving, and restoring corporations
- Completing comprehensive tax-driven transactions to implement instructions received from clients’ tax advisors
- Drafting and settling family trusts
- Drafting LLP agreements for professional practices
- Creating limited partnerships for limited scope projects such as real estate development
- Drafting and reviewing contracts such as commercial leases, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, real estate co-ownership agreements, independent contractor agreements, loan agreements, and joint venture agreements
- Restructuring corporations to accommodate business succession goals
- Buying and selling businesses by asset purchase or share purchase
- Bringing on new investors through share issuances